Tuesday 18 July 2006

Results are in for my media course, for first semester. I took two units of study last semester, both of which saw a result of Distinction. I don't usually like to capitalise overly much, but I'm feeling pretty chuffed right now. 'Writing for the Media', which is a very practical unit, was the bigger surprise, as the three assignments returned to me so far for it only earned Credits: around 70%. But my final grade for this unit was 80%, no doubt due to my performance in the weekly quizzes and in an editing assignment that was worth 20% of the total mark.

For the other unit of study, 'Making Magazines', I fell just shy of a High Distinction, receiving 84%. This unit had a major assignment: to make a mock-up of a magazine which should include all the other assignments handed in over the course of the semester. It was a group assignment.

Now, I just have to get through the second semester. Here's hoping that I can bring off the two units of study I've selected, as well as I did those in the first. They are 'Advanced Writing for the Media' and 'Literary Journalism: Theory and Practice'.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your scores, Dean. I don't know how you find the time.

Matthew da Silva said...

I'm separated from my family now, so I've got plenty of time in the evenings and on weekends for study.