Wednesday 5 April 2006

Gleebooks has mailed me a copy of DBC Pierre's second novel, Ludmila's Broken English. Because I had advance-ordered my original copy by telephone, and no doubt due to the fact that they had a bunch of copies left over after his visit to Sydney, I get a free, signed hardback. He signs his name 'Peter Finlay' and has sketched a little beer mug showing a good head of beer, plus the word 'Cheers.' I collected it from the post office this afternoon.

I telephoned Gleebooks to thank them for the gift. They were pleased.

On Monday I collected my copy of Peter Carey's Theft: A Love Story from Gleebooks. I like doing business with them because they get books earlier than other vendors. They really are a quality outfit, and stock a great range of books, including most of the small, local magazines that are hard to get anywhere else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for the insightful comments. You are able to pin point some of the things I want to say in my videos however I always end up just sitting back and letting the heavy darker sides of Japan rest. Perhaps I would get more viewers if I tried to do a comparitive month...yet, for the time being I imagine I will continue with the interviews/weekends out with the camera/and experimental stuff...as for that music video...yes, it did take a while to render, 9 hours! on a iMac G5 2.0Ghz...yet, I was sleeping while the machine rendered the clip.